Web Development Diploma
Innotech College is a nimble institution working with the industry’s most talented professionals to develop curriculums that align with employers’ needs and technological changes. We ensure our students learn web development, software development, big data analytics, big data infrastructure, cloud security and cloud architecture skills, being that those are the skills that are most in demand by employers in now and as we head towards 2020.
LEADING TO A CAREER, NOT JUST A JOB
Not only are we interested in teaching students knowledge and skills, but we’re also devoted to ensuring that our students understand the bigger picture of the technical environment in the world today. It is changing fast! We teach our students skills with which they can adapt to new languages and new technical environments on their own. Our goal is to ensure that our students can easily stay up to date and relevant within the digital sector for many years to come, or until they retire.
You’re going to build, break, create, transform and develop some pretty cool stuff within the program. Our goal is for you to come out of the Web Development Diploma with a large portfolio to show for your education. Plus it’s going to be a blast! Plenty of laughs, guaranteed.
WHAT WE’LL COVER
- How to build a web platform and make it pretty
- How to give your web platform brains
- How to make your web platform useful and fun
- How to unleash your web platform into the wild
CALGARY WEB DEVELOPMENT DIPLOMA
Calgary Class Dates:
March 5, 2018 – August 31, 2018
Monday – Friday, 8:30am-12:30pm
- $2,695 per term (program is made up of 5 terms)
- Government student funding is available
- Contact us for help with figuring out your eligibility
- Payment plan available too
UNIT 1: BOOTCAMP
- Introduction to the Web
- How the Internet works
- How a programming language works
- The anatomy of a computer
- The anatomy of a website
- The basic tools a Web Developer needs
- Tools & techniques
- The value of documentation
- Lots of hacking!
UNIT 2: HOW TO BUILD A WEB PLATFORM AND MAKE IT PRETTY
- What is HTML and basic markup?
- HTML: Images, Videos, Media
- HTML: Links and navigation, Divs, Sections, Articles, Semantics, SEO
- SS: Classes and IDs, Floats and positions, Measurement units, Page layout
- Advanced CSS: Best practices, SCSS, Media Queries, Responsive design & Mobile first
- Even more hacking, Lab Days & Project Presentations
UNIT 3: HOW TO GIVE YOUR WEB PLATFORM BRAINS
- Introduction to PHP
- PHP Basics: Variables, Conditionals
- PHP: Arrays, Loops, Objects, Sessions, Cookies, Object Oriented Programming, MVC. Laravel, The Command Line
- Laravel: Views, Middleware, Background Tasks, Laravel + Composer
- Playing with Rails, Express and Django
- SQL & Complex SQL
- Laravel + SQL: Models, Eloquent, ORM
- Laravel: Relationships, User Auth.
- Recap server side programming.
- Lab Days & Project Presentations
UNIT 4: HOW TO MAKE YOUR WEB PLATFORM USEFUL AND FUN
- Introduction to PHP
- Open Source – GitHub
- React: Intro, Anatomy of components, Complex Components, Properties and State
- React & APIs
- React & Laravel
- Trying of Angular and Vue
- Hacking, Lab Days & Project Presentations
UNIT 5: HOW TO UNLEASH YOUR WEB PLATFORM INTO THE WILD
- Recap: GitHub, Package Managers, Anatomy of a Computer
- Virtual Machines & Vagrant
- Heroku: Addons, Environment Variables, SSH, Pipelines, Debugging
- Heroku & Vagrant: Background Tasks
- Heroku & Persistence: Introduction to AWS +S3
- Introduction to DNS
- From GitHub to Heroku
- Hack Day, Lab Days, Presentations
ALMOST THE END
- Getting ready for the real world (aka. resumes, interviews, and such)
HANDS ON APPLICATION
We’ll be playing around with new languages or softwares that we didn’t get a chance to try in class and try to learn them on our own (ish)…of course the instructor will always be there for help, as well as your peers.
Are about building something fun and functional and then presenting about it to the rest of the class. For instance, imagine building a simple version of twitter or a website for a celebrity cartoon character.