InnoTech College Careers
Web Development Diploma Instructor
Start date: October 1, 2018
Commitment: Full-Time, Salary or Contract
Compensation: Negotiable, Health and Dental Benefits
Contribute to the growth of the technology sector by ensuring that it s served by the most knowledgeable and skilled web developers.
Have the rewarding job of shaping and inspiring the minds of avid and curious adult learners.
Come work for a small and nimble educational institution, where instructors are empowered to shape their students’ learning experience and share in the development of curriculums and operations.
We are looking for passionate and engaging instructor to assist our students with understanding web technologies. Our ideal instructor is one who is a self-starter, who knows what it takes to build interesting and complex web applications, learn new platforms and technologies and empathizes with the difficulties comprehending what it takes to do all of that.
The instructor position will be responsible for teaching within the classroom environment, supporting students outside of class hours, marking of assignments and contributing to curriculum development. Most work will fall during regular working hours, Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm, however this could change with changes to the course schedule.
A degree or equivalent in:
- Computer Science
- Web Technologies
- Digital Media
- Whatever else you might call a degree in the web
- At least 2 years industry experience (be ready to tell us about that!)
- Fluency in the languages that power the web (HTML, CSS and JS)
- Experience with server-side languages and frameworks such as PHP/Laravel or Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop or equivalent tools
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience building web pages or products
- Instructing/facilitation/coaching experience
You’ll really impress us if you’ve:
- Used JS frameworks beyond jQuery, like React, Angular or Vue.
- Have experience with Industry standard tools and platforms like GitHub and Heroku.
- Can speak to your experience working with UX Designers, Graphics Designers, Product Manager and other related disciplines.
InnoTech College is an Alberta designated educational institution that prides itself on the most innovative methods of education delivery, and on our programs being in sync with employers’ needs.
Our post-secondary programs are designed to take students from having no previous knowledge of their chosen industry, to being ready to successfully qualify for entry-level positions in their chosen fields.
Please apply with cover letter and resume through Indeed at: https://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?t=web+development+instructor&jk=994ae354f01fc694&_ga=2.118133641.1055120687.1530898261-2120471106.1525984501